Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Celebrate!!!

I just have to share: I passed my big, scary, future-determining licensure tests! I'm so happy, and a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

In honor of this happy event, I am going to do the meme that Simon at Stuck in a Book started. Apologies in advance for helping perpetuate the ever-growing TBR piles.

1. Book I am currently reading: Sense and Sensibility (for the Classics Circuit Author duel), The Iliad (for Allie's readalong), and I am listening to Dragonfly in Amber

2. Last book I finished: South Riding. It was amazing; I am in literary love with Winifred Holtby; drop everything and read it now!

3. Next book I want to read: Um...The next one I will probably start is The Idiot (which I am reading for another of Allie's readalongs); I really want to read The Name of the Wind and Violets in March. I'm also itching to reread The Hunger Games series. Clearly I can't decide.

4. Last book I bought: Does a free book count? I downloaded Passage to India for my Kindle; the last book I paid money for was The Idiot.

5. Last book I was given: I won Children of Scarabaeus in Angie's giveaway and The Lost Summer of Louisa Alcott over at Devourer of Books.

10 comments:

JoAnn said...

Congratulations!!!
South Riding was the one last book I wanted to tuck in my suitcase before leaving London. My husband put his foot down (the bag was already too heavy), but I should've bought it anyway...

lisa :) said...

Congratulations! How is the audio version of Dragonfly in Amber? I keep meaning to get back into the Outlander series, but I've still only read book one!

Anastasia @ Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog said...

Congratulations about your tests! :D And I got that copy of Passage to India, too-- I'm really looking forward to reading it.

Read the Book said...

Thanks, Anastasia!

And thanks, too, to JoAnn and Lisa. Sorry your comments disappeared!

Bellezza said...

I'm thoroughly enjoying South Riding on PBS Sunday evenings. I didn't even know it was a book until I started seeing bloggers post about it! Thanks for the advice, I think I'll have to pick it up. I, too, like a character to admire.

And, congratulations on passing your exam!

Read the Book said...

Thanks, Bellezza. I just adored South Riding; I am enjoying the Masterpiece adaptation, but the book is so much richer!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

StuckInABook said...

Congratulations, and thanks for playing! S&S might be my favourite Austen.. it battles out with P&P.
Simon

Read the Book said...

Oooo, interesting, Simon! And your blog still has a special place in my heart as it played such an instrumental role in inspiring me to start my own blog ;)

S.L. Bookworm said...

Congrats on your tests! I can't wait to hear what you think about THE NAME OF THE WIND. :)

Read the Book said...

Thanks, Amy. I think I will have to wait for The Name of the Wind until June. Life is just so crazy!