Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Read-a-Thon is Coming! The Read-a-Thon is Coming!

It's that time again: Dewey's 24 hour Read-a-Thon fast approacheth! I am super excited about parcticipating for the third time, and I plan to be caught up on my grading and planning so I can enjoy as much reading time as possible. April 9th, here I come! Woo hoo!

In other news, I was quite sad to learn that none of the movie theaters here in town will have Jane Eyre when it opens on Friday. I think it's because so many of the Oscar movies are so new to town (we definitely don't open everything on the opening date here because we're on the smaller side of things), but I did have my heart set on seeing Jane Eyre this weekend. Maybe I will have to console myself by seeing The King's Speech again...

I had planned for this week to be Jane Eyre week on the blog, but I've been trying to get caught up on my grading so I don't have to do it over Spring Break (NEXT WEEK!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!! I will not say woo hoo again in this post...). This means there have been few brain cells left at the end of the day, and what brain cells are left can only handle 30 Rock and Lady Emily Ashton Hargreaves' adventures.

Finally, it has been snowing the last few days. We haven't accumulated much, but the mere fact of snow in mid-March is insulting. Especially when it is very wet snow that will only increase our chances of The Biggest Flood Ever in this area. So if you haven't seen snow for a while, be thankful!

4 comments:

lisa :) said...

I love the idea of the 24-hr read-a-thon! Such a fun event to look forward to!

Read the Book said...

It's pretty awesome, Lisa! And thanks for stopping by!

Darlyn (Your Move, Dickens) said...

Good luck with the read-a-thon.

I'm also really excited to see Jane Eyre. I have really high expectations since I saw the BBC adaptation a couple of months ago, and I thought Toby Stephens was the perfect Rochester. Not sure if anyone can surpass him. :)

Bellezza said...

Oooh, thanks for telling me about the Read-a-thon! I always look forward to that with great anticipation, and I'm marking it down on my calendar now.

Glad we're praying together for those in Japan.