Two posts in two days! Pick yourself up off the floor and read on for my list of favorite reads of the year. These are the books that I consider the higlights of my reading year, but they are not in any sort of order according to merit. Books I reviewed have links.
1. The Uncommon Reader
2. A Homemade Life
3. The Girl with the Glass Feet
4. The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott: a really beautiful book about a
much beloved author
5. Romancing Miss Bronte: I loved this book; it made me want to live in
Jane Eyre and Northern England
8. The Cookbook Collector: again, another exquistely beautiful book with
poignant lessons to be learned by some very real people
9. The Hunger Games Trilogy: I will be posting on these after I reread
them, but they are wonderful. In fact, this is the first book/series that I have
ever started reading again immediately upon finishing the first time.
10. Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass
11. Lady Julia Grey Novels: these novels helped me discover that maybe I DO like mysteries (or at least Victorian mysteries with female detectives)
12. how i live now: I will be posting about this in the near future as
well; how i live now was my last novel of the year and proved to be
very good company during the blizzards.
Yes, I cheated. But I don't care!
Here are my list of best re-reads this year (these are in order of merit):
1. Harry Potter Series: I plan to post about Harry soon
1. To Kill a Mockingbird: I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!
1. The Hunger Games Trilogy
2. The Outlander Series
3. The Maltese Falcon
4. A Midsummer Night's Dream
Do you like how I was sneaky and put in a three-way tie?!