Saturday, April 10, 2010

24 Hour Read-a-Thon: And So It Begins

I am very excited to be participating in the read-a-thon for the very first time! I will not, sadly, be able to read all or even most of the day, but I am going to try to do as many bookish things as possible if I can't actually be reading. I also have to do my taxes (ugh), but I am choosing instead to focus on my international bookclub (we meet via Skype) and a trip to McKay's (a fabulous used bookstore) with my roommate to try to help her get over her fear of their organizational (or lack thereof) system.

This is how I started my morning:

Here is my list of potential books for today:
>


And now I'm off to chat about East of Eden and Major Pettigrew's Last Stand (you should go out and read it RIGHT NOW!!!)

4 comments:

Kailana said...

Looks like a good start to your morning! Happy reading!

Stacy said...

Best wishes for your first read-a-thon! I have heard good things about Major Pettigrew (and I recently read a column the author wrote on the joy of the physical book...very good). Happy reading:) p.s. I concur on the whole tax thing.

Stacy said...

I found the link through fleur fisher...

http://fleurfisher.wordpress.com/2010/04/09/a-lovely-quotation-and-a-few-other-things/

Jenny N. said...

Lots of good books. Happy reading today :)