Saturday, January 5, 2013

Long Time No Blog

So I haven't blogged since April...I can't say that it was a planned absence, but I have missed blogging the last few months, so part of my goals for 2013 is to get back to blogging.  Here's a quick update of where I've been and what I've been doing the last nine months:

  • I switched jobs: I was teaching at a large public school in Northern Minnesota, and now I am happily closer to family and teaching at a charter school in Southeastern Minnesota.
  • I met someone who I think is probably the love of my life.  We met right before my huge job transition, and he was a total blessing through the entire moving/job search process.
  • I temporarily moved in with my parents for the summer (again!).
  • My certain someone moved to this city, and we have really enjoyed seeing each other so often!
  • I have experienced my most challenging teaching year in my career.
  • I've read less than I thought possible, over the last four months especially.
  • I am getting ready to take classes to hopefully FINALLY get my permanent Minnesota license.
Anyways, I'm back, and I hope to be consistent! I don't know that I'll post terribly often, but I want to be intentional about my blogging.  My brain needs a break from all things school, and I think the blog could be a good outlet for that.

Happy New Year, and here's to a book-filled 2013!

2 comments:

picky said...

Well, that's a whole lot to be going on with! Congratulations on all those exciting changes.

And here's to a good reading year. :)

Read the Book said...

Thank you so much! And, because it's life, all those transitions happened at pretty much exactly the same time!