First things first: here are my mid-event survey answers!
1. What are you reading right now? When We Were Strangers
2. How many books have you read so far? Two (one audio, one print). Do four MTLE tests count?
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Um...I'm really just looking forward to reading instead of test-taking. I might listen to an audiobook later and knit, since I'm sure my eyes will go early thanks to the four hours I spent staring at a computer screen during testing.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? I wanted to, but the small fact of keeping my teaching license got in the way ;)
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? See the answer to number 4 ;)
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? Uh....these surveys go a lot better when you've actually read more than a few hours!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? None! love it!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? Set aside the day for real!
9. Are you getting tired yet? Yes, but that's because of those tests...
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Nope!
I've only read for about three hours today (and I've listened to my audiobook, Bonobo Handshake while driving to and from the tests) because most of my day was consumed with taking the licensure exams. And let me tell you, friends, I think I'll be taking them again. Big sad face. Maybe after I've gotten some sleep and my brain has rebooted I will feel more confident, but confidence is not overabundant here at Read the Book right now.
Now that I can be fully committed to the readathon, I hope to post a few more times tonight. See you then!
Books finished: 0 (0 total)
Pages read: 133 (133 total)
Hours read: 3 (3 total)